I grew up with a love for riding horses and have been lucky enough to continued my passion. This has given me two advantages in life: the ability to understand the unspoken language of the body and the ability to use the body as a tool to communicate. This innate intelligence carries over into what I do today as sex therapist and relationship coach. I help individuals and couples realize their full sexual potential, to discover and intensify their desires, become aware of sensation, release old perceptions of self and to break through into a new ways of connecting.
Romance, marriage, intimacy, infidelity, sex, vulnerability and love have always fascinated me. Why do some people thrive in eroticism and while others fail to connect? How can we really love, let go and feel alive? What does it mean to share your body with someone and how does that change over time?
I have come to understand that one of the deepest and most vulnerable experiences of being human is sharing ourselves fully with another – naked, defenseless, and open both physically and emotionally. Being able to express our erotic energy and desires is to be fully alive. In my work as sex therapist I have felt, seen and learned about this truth, and think everyone deserves to experience this.
I received my Master’s in counseling psychology with an emphasis in holistic studies and a focus in marriage and family therapy from John F. Kennedy University in Northern California. I am a Certified Somatica® Method Practitioner (a relational and experiential body-based therapy), trained in Hakomi Therapy (somatic and mindfulness based method) and often draw upon Psychodynamic Therapy (revealing the unconscious content of a client’s psyche in an effort to alleviate psychic tension). I am a Certified Queer Conscious Educator, a Certified Sexological Bodyworker and since 2012, have assisted world renowned psychotherapist, John Welwood (bridging the psychological and spiritual). I co-foundended BetterSexEd.org and co-created Sex as Meditation. I also lead educational workshops on male sexual difficulties for therapists and coaches. My offices are in San Francisco and Los Altos.
Male sexual dysfunctions are my specialty, including premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and general sexual competency. I help men overcome physical issues. Guiding them on becoming better lovers to their partner and developing a more profound sense of self-awareness. I also help men work through the shame and sensitivity that accompany emotion-based sexual issues.
People often ask me how I got involved in specializing in male sexuality. I saw a need for men to feel understood and get practical help around sexual function and development. These topics are gravely misunderstood by many. There is little help out there for men struggling to overcome sexual challenges. I have witnessed that with the right support and information, men can surmount and heal physiological, psychological and emotional sexual problems.
I love to help clients learn about connection, desire and erotic energy. It has been an honor to help my clients and watch how the power of healing changes their entire lives.
When my clients share with me how their lives have changed and how full of erotic pleasure they now feel, my heart fills with joy. This inspires me to become more passionate about the work I do. Without a doubt, I know that I chose this work and it has chosen me.
- Master in Counseling Psychology with a Focus in Marriage and Family Therapy and an Emphasis in Holistic Studies. John F. Kennedy University, 2014
- Masters Thesis: Surrogate Partner Therapy
- BA in Psychology. University of California, Irvine. 2008
- The Healing Power of Unconditional Presence; Integrating Spiritual, Psychological and Embodiment Work. Ongoing Group; John Welwood, PhD., 2012 – present
- Sessions with Esther Perel. Online community forum for therapist, coaches and educators. Esther Perel, 2016 – present
- Embodied Love and Lovemaking: A Full-Spectrum Neurobiological-Gestalt (FSG)Training In Embodied Relational Sex Therapy. Stella Resnick, 2018
- The Hakomi Character Map. Hakomi Institute of California, 2017
- Teacher’s Assistant. Hakomi – Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy; California Institute of Integral Studies, 2017
- Somatica Professional Couples Training. Somatica® Institute, 2016
- Attending to Attachment; Mindfulness Based Approaches to Healing Adult Attachment. Hakomi Institute of California, 2016
- Hakomi Professional Training. Hakomi Institute of California, 2014
- Certified Somatica Practitioner. Somatica® Institute, 2014
- Somatica Professional Training. Somatica® Institute, 2013
- Certified Queer Conscious Educator. John F. Kennedy University, 2013
- Certified Sexological Bodyworker. Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 2010