Talking about sex has always been easy for me and sexuality has always fascinated me. I was not raised in a home where my folks openly or comfortably discussed sex. Yet, for some reason, for as long as I can remember, discussing sexuality and pleasure had rolled off my tongue with ease.
I also grew up with a love for riding horses. This has given me two advantages in life: the ability to understand the unspoken language of the body and the ability to use the body as a tool to communicate.
This innate intelligence carries over into what I do today as sex therapist and relationship coach. Bridging my ease at discussing vulnerable topics and being able to read the body’s unspoken language.
In my practice, I guide individuals and couples to realize their full sexual potential. Discovering and intensifying their desires, deepening awareness of sensations, releasing old perceptions of self and breaking through into a new ways of connecting.
I’m currently most fascinated by romance, marriage, intimacy, dating, infidelity, sex, body image and love. Why is it that some people thrive in eroticism and while others fail to connect? What is ‘real’ love? What does it mean to share your body with someone? How do romantic relationships change over time?
I have come to understand that one of the deepest and most vulnerable experiences of being human is sharing ourselves fully with another – naked, defenseless, and open both physically and emotionally.
Being able to express our erotic energy and desires is to be fully alive.
In my work as sex therapist, I have come to understand this as a deep truth of humanity and I believe everyone can and deserves to experience this freedom.
I received my Master’s in counseling psychology in 2010 with an emphasis in holistic studies and a focus in marriage and family therapy from John F. Kennedy University in Northern California.
I am a Certified Somatica® Method Practitioner (a relational and experiential body-based therapy). Trained in Hakomi Therapy (somatic and mindfulness based method) and Recreation of the Self (R-CS) a system for re-empowering our ability to live from an undivided state of Selfhood in relationship with others.
I also often draw upon Psychodynamic Therapy. I am a Certified Queer Conscious Educator, a Certified Sexological Bodyworker and since 2009, have assisted world renowned psychotherapist, John Welwood (bridging the psychological and spiritual). I co-foundended BetterSexEd.org , a sex education pleasure based website and co-created Sex as Meditation, a group workshop series bringing mindfulness practices into your sexual life.
I lead educational workshops on male sexual difficulties for therapists and coaches and create video series courses that can help people from the comforts of their own home.
Male sexual struggles have become my specialty, including premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and general sexual competency. I help men overcome physical issues. Guiding them on becoming better lovers to their partner and developing a more profound sense of self-awareness. I also help men work through the shame and sensitivity that accompany emotion-based sexual issues.
People often ask me how I got involved in specializing in male sexuality. I saw a need for men to feel understood and get practical help around sexual function and development. These topics are gravely misunderstood. There is little help out there for men struggling to overcome sexual challenges. I have witnessed that with the right support and information, men can surmount and heal physiological, psychological and emotional sexual problems.
It is my passion to help people find and expand pleasure in their worlds. In many ways, the world we live in a pleasure starved. We are surrounded with so much in western society, yet very disconnected. We are fed a very limited view of what eroticism and sexuality can be. Untangling this mess and guiding people to what is real for them is my specialty.
I love to help people feel erotic confidence. To be with the energy of eros and enjoy their bodies fully. To build competency and expand into play. Sex is meant to be playful and fun!
It’s a honor to be invited into the intimate world of my clients lives. The courage it takes to look inside deeply is something to be celebrated. I do my best to help celebrate, encourage and expand each persons capacity for real adult relationships.
Once someone heals there sexual block, they fully transform from head to toe. They walk, talk and even look different. The relationships around them change, and their paradigms shift. Life looks different when you are connected erotically to your own body.
My clients inspire me to become a better person, to learn more, be more knowledgeable and openminded. To be less defended and more present in life. I feel lucky to be able to do this work.
- Master in Counseling Psychology with a Focus in Marriage and Family Therapy and an Emphasis in Holistic Studies. John F. Kennedy University, 2013
– Masters Thesis: Surrogate Partner Therapy
- BA in Psychology. University of California, Irvine. 2008
Training & Continuing Education
- Teacher’s Assistant: The Hakomi Character Map. Hakomi Institute of California, 2020
- Gestalt: The Empty Chair Training. Gestalt Institute of San Francisco. 2020
- Reclaiming Sensuality an Exploration Into the Erotic Blueprints. Korenna Reynard, PhD., 2020
- The Healing Power of Unconditional Presence; Integrating Spiritual, Psychological and Embodiment Work. Ongoing Group; John Welwood, PhD., 2009 – present
- Sessions with Esther Perel. Online community forum for therapist, coaches and educators. Esther Perel, 2016 – present
- Recreation of the Self. 8 month training. John Eisman, META. 2019
- Recreation of the Self: Model of Human Systems. Hakomi Institute of California, 2018
- Embodied Love and Lovemaking: A Full-Spectrum Neurobiological-Gestalt (FSG)Training In Embodied Relational Sex Therapy. Stella Resnick, 2018
- The Hakomi Character Map. Hakomi Institute of California, 2017
- Teacher’s Assistant. Hakomi – Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy; California Institute of Integral Studies, 2017
- Somatica Professional Couples Training. Somatica® Institute, 2016
- Attending to Attachment; Mindfulness Based Approaches to Healing Adult Attachment. Hakomi Institute of California, 2016
- Hakomi Professional Training. Hakomi Institute of California, 2013
- Certified Somatica Practitioner. Somatica® Institute, 2013
- Somatica Professional Training. Somatica® Institute, 2013
- Certified Queer Conscious Educator. John F. Kennedy University, 2012
- Certified Sexological Bodyworker. Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 2010